Do you find yourself thinking,
"There has to be a better way to do this?”
With automated analysis tools, you can reduce the time spent managing applications and remove the risks involved in making changes to the code.
In this 51-minute webinar, Richard Thomas will introduce you to X-Analysis, used by thousands of IBM i developers to analyze billions of lines of code.
You will learn how to use this powerful tool for:
- Automated graphical documentation that abstracts code implementation and makes it easy for IT to visualize and understand application design and flow.
- Powerful impact analysis that tracks “where used” information, starting from a single field or variable through all iterations and associated variables and fields.
- Extraction of relational data models from RPG/COBOL/CA-2E (SYNON), facilitating database modernization and re-engineering efforts.
- Extraction of business rules from RPG/COBOL, enabling IT to cross-reference, consolidate and store business rules, exposing the business logic.
- Design, quality and complexity metrics that help IT measure and track program complexities against established benchmarks such as Cyclomatic, Halstead, and Maintainability Index.